Genesis and Consciousness Introduction
Genesis and The Planes of Consciousness : Firstly we will summarize Genesis discussed so far before relating Genesis and Consciousness, the topic of this discussion.
- We have Adam (Atom) which is the beginning of all things. The physical.
- Next we have the splitting of the atom (allegorically the rib was removed from Adam) & multiplication of the species where the splitting of the atom multiplies the energy into life.
- The introduction of thought (Eve) ie the evolution of species. The capacity to make decisions. With thought we can choose the right decision or the wrong one.
- Serpent – introduction of the concept of the spine/ temptation of the flesh.
- We choose that which is supposedly evil and we are no longer in the garden on the right spiritual side (east )but we are now on the left side of materialism.
- This capacity to choose shows two separate paths we can follow and the struggle that is inside of us. The left side of us (Cain) relates to the material, emotional, mental desires we have. The right or east side of us wants to return to the God part of us (Abel).
- We find the left side has the capacity to kill the right side which is the spiritual side.
- The sons of God were mixing with the daughters of men this refers to the desires of the emotions are mixing with the divine side in us. This gives rise to religions. Religions have many good points e.g. moral virtues, helping the needy, praising and singing about god. But because these are mixed with the tainted or left side of our nature (Cain), religions feel they are the only repositories of God . They produce the desires to control people, ego comes in and so mixed with some good elements we have a tide of dangerous ego mixed in.
- So in religion we have spirit consumed in the knowledge of good and evil in religion.
- So we have all evolved from the splitting of the atom, the sperm, the division into Adam and Eve, and all of the above processes.
- When we go through the above processes and decide that religion is not providing us with fulfillment with the divine , we have BAPTISM which is meant to purge away this confusion of the left and right sides in conflict.
- We see this occurring in religion but NOT as was intended to be. They are taking something written symbolically in a literal way. So this is a really good way to get your hair wet or catch a cold!
Genesis and The Planes of Consciousness Its all Greek Cosmology
The Book of Gensis can be related to the five stages of their elemental Cosmology and these have been tabulated by Gaskill on page xiii of the introduction to his book “Dictionary of All Scriptures and Myths” :
(a) Genesis and Consciousness Stage 1. Earth:
Representing the mind and chaos. Here we get duality both in nature and in ourselves as represented by the animals going into pairs in the ark.It is our starting point in meditation in our physical form.
(b) Genesis and Consciousness Stage 2. Water:
Representing the next stage of consciousness, meditating on the running water or sound within. Our consciousness is raised into spirit. This represents the flood inside of you cleansing away all the confusion of the mind & this happens when we meditate on the peace within. It has nothing to do with dipping our head in the bath. Our relationship with the world is altered and this is the first initiation. John the baptist was responsible for this with Christ:In the old testament the Story of Noah’s Ark refers to the process of baptism by water.
John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Here John is talking about the spiritual source within which is infinite and meditating upon this sound current (like running water) will raise our consciousness bringing great peace and stillness.
John is also clear that Christ will be able to take you further along the spiritual journey:
(c) Genesis and Consciousness Stage 3. Air:
We rise out of the water and into the air which frees us from thought and we become immersed with the peace within. Stage 1 the mind is in beta waves 26 cycles per sec, stage 2 & 3 it is in alpha waves 14 cycles per sec , in air it slows to theta waves approx 8 cycles per sec and the last stage delta is around 4 cycles per sec. So the process of meditation on spirit can be show scientifically to slow the mind down. So the tree of knowledge and the world exists at 26 cycles per sec and the result is chaos.Even quiet music can slow us down from Beta to Alpha. But this is not a lasting thing.
We need to have a purpose in mind to know the Christ within us to go all the way. Going from alpha to theta is when the red sea opens up inside of us and we enter into the promised land where we rise up into pure thoughtlessness and we are immersed with the spirit within. This is what it means when it says we will rise to meet Jesus in the air. This does not mean we are going to fly like superman and meet him in the sky like superman.The following verse illustrates the principal of air:
(d) Genesis and Consciousness Stage 4. Fire:
the baptism of fire comes after air. This is the cleansing of spirit on the soul.
Numbers 31:23 Every thing that may abide the fire, ye shall make it go through the fire, and it shall be clean: nevertheless it shall be purified with the water of separation: and all that abideth not the fire ye shall make go through the water.
This verse is very specific. The spiritual path has a beginning and and end and yet is infinite. There are various steps along the way which are specific and yet we all tread our own unique journey. One must be baptized by water before fire.
(e) Genesis and Consciousness Stage 5. Renewed mind:
this is akin to being ‘born again’ & is a spiritual state attained when we are one with the Father having transcended the 4 previous stages of consciousness.
So in summary there are 5 stages of consciousness as to the Ancient Greeks.
- Earth – the body of the brain
- Water – meditative consciousness
- Air – meditative consciousness in meditation distancing from thoughts
- Fire – meditative consciousness being charged with higher light (the light that can be meditated upon within.
- Quintessence – our life and relationship to the universe in fundamentally changed.
These are just academic concepts until we meditate and realize them for ourselves. Christ was clear that in order to get to God consciousness we must go through him, in other words contact the Christ Consciousness in meditation:
Genesis and Consciousness YouTube Links